Top Tips for Selling Your Diamonds Quickly
Whether you’ve recently gone through a divorce, have recently separated from your partner or would like to upgrade your diamonds – many people like to sell diamonds quickly. Whatever reason you’d like to sell your diamond jewellery pieces for, you can sell them fast and for instant cash in the UK. However, not all diamond selling options are fast – so, here’s YL Diamonds top tips for selling your diamonds quickly.
What Is the Best Way to Sell Diamonds?
There are many selling methods available in the UK when it comes to your diamonds. You’ll likely have many selling methods near you in the UK – such as through pawnbrokers, high-street jewellery stores, online selling platforms and diamond expert buyers. Not all options will suit your needs, nor will all options provide a fast service.
So, let’s get into the diamond selling options available in the UK:
- Auctions: Either in-person or online, and will often be fast due to the nature of auctioning. You will likely meet diamond expert valuers also, however, will not be offered the best possible price.
- Pawnbrokers: An option to consider if you’d like to sell your pieces relatively quickly. However, sales can fall through or delays can occur. Not all pawnbrokers are reliable, and so you won’t get a high price.
- Jewellery Stores: Whether a small local jewellery store or big designer chain, many shops will value and buy your diamonds from you. However, as this selling method is in-person it might take more time to get there, queues may await and not all shops will say yes to your diamonds.
- Online Platforms: Many online platforms, like eBay, allow you to sell your diamonds on your own. This way, you can accept the price you’d like for your sentimental diamond jewellery pieces. However, you aren’t guaranteed buyers so it may require more of your time to sell.
- Expert Diamond Buyers: Expert diamond buyers, like YL Diamonds, are located all over the UK. Many also provide online selling options, which are fast and secure. Though some expert diamond buyers will cut the price for profit, most like YL Diamonds, will guarantee the highest possible price and fast – many even give instant cash on the spot once your diamonds are valued!
How to Pick the Best Diamond Buyer?
Nowadays, selling diamonds online is the most preferable option as it is fast and provides the highest possible price for jewellery pieces. However, not all diamond buyers advertised online are secure or trustworthy. Before you sell your diamonds to an expert diamond buyer – be sure to check out their reviews, customer ratings and more about their company. This way, you will ensure your diamonds are in safe hands and the selling process offered is as fast as promised.
Nonetheless, you can always opt for other options such as through online or in-person auctions or by visiting a local jewellery store. However, if you’d like the fastest option then expert diamond buyers like YL Diamonds are the way to go nowadays.
How to Get the Best Price When Selling Diamonds?
So, whichever diamond selling method you pick, be sure to use our top 4 tips to sell diamonds quickly! Our tips will ensure your diamonds are valued properly, you are aware of everything going on during the selling process and will make sure you are ready to sell your diamonds when given a quote or offer!
4 Tips to Selling Diamonds
Some people will pay for formal assessments of their diamond pieces before taking them to a buyer to ensure they are given the best possible price. However, if you don’t have the funds to do so or the time then you can use our top 4 tips to ensure your diamonds are sold quickly and for the best possible price.
1. Know Your Diamond
Not all diamonds, despite what your family member told you, are worth the same amount of money. While we appreciate diamond jewellery pieces, like diamond engagement rings, pendant necklaces or diamond earrings carry a lot of sentimental value – unfortunately, not all will get the same price.
Therefore, be sure to search online more about the specific diamond you have to get a broader idea about its worth and whether it is a popular piece to sell. Perhaps visit a few shops to get a general idea about its worth, or ask for an appraisal to know more about your diamond.
2. Set a Price
As many diamond pieces are inherited or gifted, they carry a lot of sentimental value. Consequently, many people have unrealistic ideas about their price. However, when trying to sell your diamonds quickly you need to have a realistic expectation for the price.
You will, in most instances, not be offered what it was worth. Furthermore, you need to take into account how much it was originally bought for, how much others sell it for, and what condition it is currently in. You may have a really expensive diamond, but the condition of it is poor. You need to factor this in when your diamonds are valued.
3. Consider Selling Options
So, you have two options: sell privately or through a company. Whichever method you choose, always make sure you consider all selling options. One shop may offer you a completely different price to another, and not all will provide a fast service.
Doing some quick research online beforehand will save you time, and even money!
4. Be Ready to Sell
Many diamonds have special value, as they were gifted or bought for big occasions or life events. However, if you want to sell your diamonds quickly for cash you need to make sure you are ready to part ways with your diamond jewellery pieces.
Not all diamonds are supposed to last forever, and so selling your diamonds may be a great choice if you want to get some extra money and move forwards in life.